Oak Cottage is a beautiful Cotswold stone property, which dates back to 1820 and benefits from a very peaceful setting on the side of a hill, with spectacular views of the Cotswolds countryside. The cottage is at the end of a mile long gravel track and is a short walk from the iconic Broadway Tower, which itself is approximately a mile's walk away from the picturesque Cotswolds town of Broadway, home to the famous Lygon Arms, as well as many other restaurants, pubs, shops and art galleries. Despite its peaceful location, Oak Cottage is well placed for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
The cottage has recently been lovingly refurbished by its owner, retaining character features such as oak beams, ledge and brace doors, and a double sided wood burning stove. Complementing the character of the cottage are modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a SMART TV with Netflix and a well presented kitchen.
Oak Cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with two bathrooms. The cottage has a lovely private garden at the rear of the property and the shared gardens at the front have spectacular countryside views. There is also private off-street parking for three cars. Oak Cottage is perfect for families or couples seeking a peaceful holiday in the heart of the beautiful Cotswolds' countryside.
Oak Cottage sits on Middle Hill, at the end of a mile long gravel track, and is one of three properties on three sides of a shared garden, with the fourth side open to provide spectacular views out across the Cotswolds countryside. The front door opens into a hallway, which opens into the dining room. All the rooms are on the ground floor and have views out to the front of the cottage:
- Living room: A lovely, comfortable room, which contains seating for four and a cosy wood burning stove. There is also a SMART TV, with a Netflix subscription;
- Dining room: Next to the living room, with the other side of the wood burning stove as a lovely feature, the dining room contains a large wooden table, with seating for four;
- Kitchen: Bright and spacious, with oak beams and a tiled floor, the kitchen contains an electric oven, four ring electric hob, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and a Nespresso machine (without capsules). There is also a sociable breakfast bar, with four wooden stools. Please note that there is no freezer in the cottage;
- Utility room: Contains a washing machine and a tumble dryer;
Both bedrooms are at the opposite end of the cottage to the living and dining rooms, providing them with privacy, and peace and quiet:
- Master bedroom: Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains either a super king size bed or two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath, walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Family/ensuite bathroom: This room contains a toilet and a wash basin, and can be used either as a second bathroom for all guests, or as an ensuite facility for the master bedroom.
To the rear of the cottage is a large private garden, which backs onto woodland. The garden contains a hardwood table and four chairs, as well as a charcoal barbecue. To the front of the cottage is an off street parking area, with space for three cars.