Old Manor Cottage is a beautiful Grade II listed cottage that dates all the way back to the 17th century and sits peacefully in the large grounds of the owner's manor house. The cottage is located on a quiet lane in the small village of Halford, on the north-eastern edge of the Cotswolds, surrounded by stunning countryside. There is a shop and a pub in the village, and the famous Cotswold market towns of Chipping Campden and Moreton-in-Marsh are both within 10 miles, with their wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants. William Shakespeare’s birthplace of Stratford-upon-Avon is also less than 10 miles away, and many other attractions are within easy reach, including Warwick Castle, Blenheim Palace and Oxford, as well as the many stately homes and gardens located in the north Cotswolds.
This charming thatched cottage has a lovely cosy feel, with many character features, including exposed beams, oak doors and an open fire. Modern facilities including wireless internet access, a TV with DVD player, and a well-presented kitchen complement the character of the property.
Old Manor Cottage sleeps three people in two adjoining bedrooms, with one bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom. The cottage has off street parking and sits in three acres of beautifully maintained gardens, which run down to the picturesque River Stour. There is a tennis court in the grounds, which may be used by prior arrangement with the owner. Old Manor Cottage is a perfect choice for a couple or a small family looking for a relaxing break in beautiful surroundings.
Old Manor Cottage is a beautiful thatched property that sits in the grounds of the owner’s manor house. The front door opens into the hallway, with the following rooms on the ground floor:
- Living room: This lovely room has exposed beams, an oak door and a roaring open fire. There is a two seater sofa, two comfy arm chairs, and a Freeview TV with integrated DVD player, plus an iPod dock with radio and CD player;
- Kitchen/dining room: A well equipped kitchen, which includes an electric cooker with four ring electric hob, fridge, freezer, slimline dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and a combined washing machine and tumble dryer. There is also a glass dining table, which comfortably seats three;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: This room contains a single bed. Bedroom 2 is accessed via this room, making bedroom 1 better suited for a child;
- Bedroom 2: Accessed via bedroom 1, this is a lovely dual aspect room, which has beautiful views across the gardens and contains a king size bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with an overhead shower attachment, heated towel rail, toilet and wash basin.
The cottage sits in three acres of beautiful grounds, and guests have their own private lawned area within the grounds, including a summer house and a table with four chairs and two sun loungers. There is a well maintained tennis court in the grounds, which guests can use by prior arrangement with the owner, and the grounds run down to the River Stour, where fishing is available. Off street parking is available outside the cottage for two cars.