Orchard Cottage is a stunning grade II listed Cotswold stone property, which dates all the way back to 1590. The cottage sits on a quiet road in the small village of Saintbury, and is surrounded by beautiful countryside, with many walks straight from the front door, including the 102 mile long Cotswold Way footpath. Saintbury is located between the famous market towns of Broadway and Chipping Campden, and benefits from the facilities of the neighbouring village of Willersey, including two pubs and a village shop. Orchard Cottage is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the North Cotswolds, as well as Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick and Oxford.
The cottage retains a wealth of traditional Cotswold character, including elm beams, stone mullion windows, elm and flagstone floors, exposed Cotswold stone walls, a stunning inglenook fireplace with a real fire, and a separate wood burning stove. The character features are complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
Orchard Cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There are beautiful gardens on three sides of the cottage, all with lovely views of the surrounding countryside, and parking is freely available on a wide grass verge outside the property. The cottage is perfect for a family or group of friends seeking peace and tranquillity in a historic property, with all the attractions of the Cotswolds and Shakespeare Country on the doorstep.
Orchard Cottage is accessed via its lovely front garden, which leads to the oak front door. The front door opens into the living room, with the following rooms on the ground floor:
- Living room: As with all the rooms, the dual aspect living room is full of traditional character, including elm beams, stone mullion windows, flagstone flooring and exposed Cotswold stone walls. The centrepiece of the room is the large inglenook fireplace, with an ornamental bread oven and a real fire. There is comfy seating for six, a writing desk, and a flatscreen TV with a DVD player;
- Dining room: Another dual aspect room, looking out over the gardens and surrounding fields, this large room has elm beams, stone mullion windows, flagstone floors and a wood burning stove in a lovely fireplace. There is a wooden dining table, with seating for six, plus a comfy window seat;
- Kitchen: The large kitchen looks out over the back garden and contains elm beams, flagstone floors, exposed Cotswold stone walls and lovely hand crafted fitted cupboards, with elm doors, iroko worktops and a Belfast sink. The well equipped kitchen includes a one and a half oven electric cooker, with four ring ceramic hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, and a washing machine/tumble dryer. A door leads out from the kitchen to the back garden.
An old elm door in the living room opens into the stairwell, from where the beautiful, slightly uneven, original elm staircase leads up to the first floor landing. There are three rooms on the first floor:
- Bedroom 1: With lovely elm beams and floorboards, as well as an ornamental fireplace, this room contains a double bed and has an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, separate bath, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: A large dual aspect room, also with elm beams and floorboards, this room contains either two single beds or a super king size bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with handheld shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
The staircase continues up to the second floor landing, off which is the final bedroom:
- Bedroom 3: In the eaves of this lovely cottage, this room contains two single beds.
Orchard Cottage's gardens surround three sides of the property and provide a beautiful, peaceful setting from which to admire the surrounding countryside. There is a lovely patio area, with a wooden table and six chairs, plus a charcoal barbecue. In front of the cottage is a wide grass verge, where parking is freely available.