Pear Tree Cottage is a beautiful, traditional Cotswold stone cottage, located on a quiet lane in the heart of the famous market town of Bourton-on-the-Water. Often referred to as the "Venice of the Cotswolds", due to the lovely river that runs through the town, Bourton has a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as numerous lovely walks right on the doorstep. Bourton is also perfectly located for exploring the many other lovely towns and villages of the Cotswolds region, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
Dating back to the 17th century, Pear Tree Cottage has a wealth of traditional character features, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls, a wood burning stove and the original well for the cottage (now safely covered!). The owners have recently been modernising the cottage, whilst retaining the original character features, with a new kitchen fitted and a ground floor bathroom installed, as well as providing modern facilities such as wireless internet access and a flatscreen TV.
Pear Tree Cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with three bathrooms. There is a lovely garden at the rear of the cottage and free street parking is usually available outside or close to the property. The cottage is perfect for friends or families seeking a relaxing break in a beautiful, traditional Cotswold cottage, located in one of the country's loveliest market towns.
The front door of Pear Tree Cottage is accessed from a quiet lane and opens into the cottage's dining room. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: This lovely room is full of traditional character, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak beams and a cosy wood burning stove. There is comfortable seating for six and a flatscreen TV with a DVD player;
- Dining room: As well as exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak beams, a lovely window seat and an ornamental inglenook fireplace, the dining room also contains the original well for the cottage, which can be viewed through a secure glass window in the floor. There is a solid wood dining table, with seating for six;
- Kitchen: Fully refitted in 2015, the galley style kitchen contains a double electric oven, four ring gas hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, washing machine and tumble dryer;
- Bathroom: Installed in 2015 to provide additional bathroom facilities, this room contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the dining room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: With lovely oak beams and a traditional ledge and brace door, this room contains a king size bed and a wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Also with oak beams and a lovely wooden door, this bedroom contains two single beds and a wash basin;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
A further steep, winding staircase leads up from the first floor landing to the second floor, in the lovely eaves of the cottage. There is a small landing space, with an open side over the staircase, which leads into:
- Bedroom 3: Before entering the main bedroom space, there is a lovely dressing room, with a comfy chair and a full length mirror. The bedroom has two single beds tucked under the cottage eaves and there is an ensuite bathroom, containing a toilet and a wash basin.
Returning downstairs, the cottage's back door leads out from the kitchen into the peaceful garden, which contains an outdoor table, with a large parasol and seating for six, as well as a charcoal barbecue. There is a garden gate leading out to the side road next to the cottage.