Pearl Cottage is a lovely Cotswold stone cottage, built in 1837, at the end of a short terrace of four houses called Albert Cottages, all with semi-circular topped windows. The terrace dates from the peak of the silk industry in Blockley, a picturesque and historic village that benefits from having two pubs and a community owned village shop and cafe, as well as a historic Norman church in the centre of the village. Numerous beautiful country walks are accessible directly from the cottage and Blockley is well located for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and Oxford.
The cottage has been lovingly decorated and furnished by its owner, to maximise space and to highlight its traditional character. A lovely wood burning stove enhances the cottage’s warm, cosy feel, and the character is complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a SMART HD TV and a well presented kitchen.
Pearl Cottage sleeps a maximum of five people, in three bedrooms, with one bathroom. There is an enclosed garden to the rear of the property and free on street parking is readily available. Pearl Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends or a family looking for a lovely cottage in a beautiful location.
The front door of Pearl Cottage is accessed directly from the quiet road that the cottage sits on. The door opens into the ground floor living room, with a beautiful screen enclosing the entrance area. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: A lovely, relaxing room decorated in light airy colours, with a large honey coloured stone fireplace containing a wood burning stove, as well as a comfy sofa, three armchairs and a 32” SMART HD flatscreen TV;
- Kitchen/dining area: Three steps lead down into the cosy heart of the cottage, an open plan area with a wooden floor and French doors leading out to the garden. The well laid out kitchen area contains a range cooker with electric oven and electric hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, combined washing machine/dryer, and a Nespresso coffee maker. There is a dining table with seating for six.
Stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master Bedroom: Contains a king size bed, and a flatscreen TV with DVD player;
- Bedroom 2: With lovely views over Blockley Valley, this room contains two single beds;
- Bedroom 3: Contains a single bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with an overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
The French door from the kitchen leads directly out to the enclosed garden. There is a decked area immediately outside the back door, a lawned area and a patio at the bottom of the garden, which has seating for six and a charcoal barbecue during the warmer months of the year.