Pie Cottage is a beautiful, Grade II listed detached Cotswold stone cottage, located on the edge of the market town of Nailsworth. This thriving town nestles in the Nailsworth Valley, one of the “Five Valleys” in the South Cotswolds that converge on the nearby market town of Stroud. The town is known for its high quality restaurants, first class delicatessen and bakers, as well as its antique and craft shops, modern art gallery and many individual, specialist shops. The surrounding countryside has numerous picturesque walking and cycling trails, and Nailsworth is also well located for visiting further afield places such as Bath, Cheltenham or Oxford.
The traditional cottage has many character features, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls, stone mullion windows and a beautiful inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
Pie Cottage sleeps a maximum of 6+2 people, in three bedrooms, with the +2 being on a sofa bed in the lower ground floor living room (there is an additional charge to use the sofa bed, as detailed in the Key Features below). There is a family bathroom and the master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom. Outside the cottage there is a lovely enclosed garden and there are off street parking spaces for two cars. The cottage is perfect for a family or a group of friends looking for a relaxing break in a beautiful house, on the edge of a popular market town and surrounded by the stunning Cotswold countryside.
Pie Cottage’s front door is accessed via a path through the cottage’s enclosed garden. The front door opens directly into the kitchen and the following two rooms are on the ground floor:
- Sitting/dining room: This characterful room is the heart of the cottage, and contains oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls, stone mullion windows and a beautiful inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for six and a lovely wooden dining table, also with seating for six;
- Kitchen: The well-presented modern kitchen contains an electric oven, four ring gas hob, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and washing machine/tumble dryer. There is also a small breakfast table with seating for two.
Stairs lead down from the living room to the lower ground floor:
- Second living room: This room could potentially be used as a play room for children, or a quiet snug for adults. As well as a flatscreen TV and DVD player, this room contains a sofa bed and can be used as a bedroom, to increase the cottage occupancy from six to eight, for an additional charge (see Key Features below).
Returning to the ground floor, a steep winding staircase leads up to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2 (1st floor): With oak beams, stone mullion windows and lovely views, this room contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 3 (1st floor): This room also contains lovely oak beams, a stone mullion window and a double bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
The steep winding staircase continues up to the second floor and opens into:
- Master bedroom: A beautiful room in the eaves of the cottage, which contains a double bed and has a lovely ensuite bathroom, with a bath with handheld shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
Pie Cottage’s enclosed garden slopes away in front of the house and is a mixture of lawn and a raised patio area, with lovely countryside views, which contains an outdoor table with seating for eight. Just outside the garden is an off street parking area, with space for two cars.