Built in 1851, grade II listed Plum Tree Cottage is at the end of a row of six Cotswold stone cottages, located close to the centre of the beautiful village of Blockley. The village is a hidden gem, being set well away from major roads, yet it is large enough to have two pubs, a restaurant and a community owned shop and café, as well as a stunning Norman church. Blockley is well placed for exploring the surrounding countryside or visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the North Cotswolds, as well as further afield destinations, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford or Blenheim Palace.
Plum Tree Cottage has recently been lovingly refurbished by its owner, adding contemporary style and furnishings to the traditional character of the property. The many character features include wooden beams and floors, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, two flatscreen TVs and a contemporary kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There is a large garden, with lovely views across the valley that Blockley sits in, and free on street parking is readily available. Plum Tree Cottage is an ideal property for friends or a family, looking for a peaceful break in a lovely village.
The door to Plum Tree Cottage is at the side of the property and opens into an entrance hall, adjoining the kitchen. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living/dining room: A beautiful, cosy room, with an exposed Cotswold stone wall and fireplace, wooden floor, a window seat and a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for six and a lovely wooden dining table, also with seating for six;
- Kitchen: Recently installed, the contemporary farmhouse style kitchen includes a five ring gas hob, gas oven, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle and a washer dryer.
Stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: Contains two 75cm wide single beds;
- Bedroom 3: Contains a double bed;
- Bathroom: Contains a bath with a rain shower, plus a handheld shower attachment, a toilet and a wash basin.
Further stairs lead up from the first floor to the second floor landing, off which are two rooms:
- Bedroom 1: Contains either a king size bed OR two 75cm wide single beds. There is a flatscreen TV in the room;
- Bathroom: Contains a walk-in shower, toilet and a wash basin.
Plum Tree Cottage's split level, enclosed garden is accessed from the house, across an unenclosed footpath and up a few stone steps. There are fabulous views across Blockley village from the top of the garden, where there is a wooden table with six seats. A charcoal barbecue is provided during the warmer months of the year.
Free on street parking is available on the street in front of Plum Tree Cottage and throughout Blockley village.