Primrose Cottage is a charming Cotswold stone cottage, which sits alongside a babbling brook on a beautiful tranquil lane, close to the historic heart of the village of Blockley. This peaceful yet thriving village has two pubs, a community owned village shop & café, a historic Norman church and a children’s’ playground. Blockley is surrounded by stunning countryside and has many beautiful walks on its doorstep, as well as being well located for exploring the beautiful market towns and villages of the North Cotswolds, plus further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and Oxford.
Primrose Cottage is Grade II listed and has an abundance of character features, including stone mullion windows, oak beams, and a large inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. The property has been stylishly refurbished and the character is complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a SMART TV and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps up to four people, in two bedrooms, with a family bathroom. There is a large enclosed back garden, which the brook runs alongside, and quiet on street parking is available approximately 100 metres away from the cottage. Primrose Cottage is an ideal choice for couples or a small family looking for a peaceful Cotswold retreat in a stunning setting.
Primrose Cottage is at the end of a row of four cottages, which are accessed by a path running alongside a tranquil stream.
The front door opens into the living room and the following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: This characterful room has a beautiful exposed Cotswold stone wall with a large inglenook fireplace and a cosy wood burning stove. There is a stylish two seater sofa, two arm chairs, and a SMART TV with DVD player and Bluetooth speaker;
- Kitchen/dining room: The well presented kitchen overlooks the garden and contains an electric cooker, four-ring gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, toaster, kettle and a combined washing machine/tumble dryer. There is also a country kitchen table with seating for four.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: A pretty room looking out over the peaceful brook, which contains a double bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with handheld shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
Further stairs lead up to the second floor:
- Master bedroom: A bright and beautiful eaves room, looking out over the garden, with a wrought iron king size bed.
A stable door leads out from the kitchen to the back garden, which the babbling brook runs directly alongside. There is a wooden bench outside the back door and a bistro table with two chairs. The garden opens out into a long stretch of lawn, providing a very pleasant place to relax, with views to the hills beyond and the stream gently flowing past.