Quaint End is a beautiful, traditional Cotswold stone cottage, dating back to approximately 1840. The cottage is in the lovely, unspoilt North Cotswolds village of Ebrington and is peacefully located on a quiet lane, at the end of a row of three cottages. Ebrington is well known for its award winning local pub, the Ebrington Arms, and is approximately two miles away from the famous market town of Chipping Campden. Numerous lovely walks can be taken directly from the cottage and all the well known market towns and villages of the North Cotswolds are within easy reach, as are other attractions, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Blenheim Palace.
The cottage was fully refurbished in 2015, with contemporary decor mixing seamlessly with the traditional Cotswold character, which includes oak beams, flagstone floors, an Aga and a Clearview wood burning stove in the kitchen/dining room, an open fire in the living room, and an old well in the garden. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, three flatscreen TVs, a Fired Earth bathroom and a beautiful handmade oak kitchen.
Quaint End sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with a family bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a delightful enclosed south west garden, with lovely views across the village to the church, and off-street parking for one car. The cottage is perfect for a family or friends seeking peace and quiet, in a lovely village, yet within easy access of the beautiful towns, villages and countryside of the Cotswolds.
Quaint End is set well back from the road, at the end of a quiet lane. The cottage is accessed via its garden, with the front door opening directly into the kitchen/dining room. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Kitchen/dining room: This sociable, dual aspect room is full of character, including oak beams, a flagstone floor and a lovely Clearview wood burning stove. The stylish and well presented kitchen boasts a range of handmade units and solid oak work surfaces, and contains an Aga, fridge freezer with water dispenser, dishwasher, microwave, hob top kettle and a toaster. There is also a good range of Le Creuset pans and ovenware. The dining area contains a wooden table with four chairs, a lovely three seater sofa, SMART TV and a digital radio with Bluetooth connectivity;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a hand basin.
Stairs lead up from the kitchen to the first floor landing, off which are the following two rooms:
- Living room: A lovely, light room, with views across the rooftops of Ebrington, which contains an open fire, handmade oak shelves and cupboards, comfy seating for four and a SMART TV with DVD player;
- Family bathroom: The Fired Earth fitted bathroom is spacious and has lovely views of Ebrington. It contains a large bath, separate walk-in rainwater shower, toilet, wash basin, underfloor heating and a heated towel rail.
Further steep and narrow stairs lead up from the living room to the small second floor landing, which leads to the two bedrooms:
- Bedroom 1: A lovely dual aspect room, with exposed ceiling rafters and floorboards, two built in wardrobes and a king size bed. There is also a flatscreen TV;
- Bedroom 2: Another lovely dual aspect room, with exposed ceiling rafters and floorboards, which contains either a super king size bed or two single beds, a small chest of drawers and hanging space.
There is an additional outbuilding available to guests in the garden:
- Laundry room: Contains a washing machine/tumble dryer.
Quaint End's peaceful garden is split level, with both lawned and gravelled areas, and has lovely views across Ebrington. Within the garden is an old well, with a protective metal grid covering, and there is a picnic table, as well as a bench and a charcoal barbecue. The garden area also includes an off street parking area – guests should be aware that the two neighbouring properties each have a right of way and a parking space within Quaint End's garden (see Key Features below).