PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE ROAD WORKS WITH 3-WAY TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND SOME ROAD CLOSURES IN THE VICINITY OF THE COTTAGE FOR 15 WEEKS FROM MID-FEBRUARY 2017. VEHICLE ACCESS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO THOSE LIVING/STAYING WITHIN THE ROAD CLOSURES
One of a short row of Cotswold stone cottages in a picturesque village, Robin Cottage is immaculately presented and has a beautiful, enclosed front garden. The village of Little Compton has a well-regarded pub, The Red Lion, as well as being located close to the beautiful market towns of Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Norton and Stow-on-the-Wold. Many walks through the stunning Cotswolds countryside are available on the doorstep and the cottage is within easy reach of numerous attractions.
Robin cottage dates back to 1842 and has recently been stunningly refurbished, to show off many character features, including exposed stone walls, wooden beams, oak doors and a wood burning stove in the living room. Complementing these character features, the cottage has modern facilities, including wireless internet access and Freeview TV.
Robin Cottage sleeps five people, in three bedrooms, with a beautiful family bathroom. There is plentiful, quiet street parking available. The cottage is an ideal location for a family holiday or for groups of friends seeking a beautiful country retreat.
Robin Cottage is accessed via a beautiful, enclosed, south facing front garden, which contains an outdoor table and seating.
The front door opens into a good sized hallway, off which the main open plan ground floor rooms are:
- Living room: a spacious, yet cosy room, with character features including oak beams, a wood burning stove and a lovely antique writing desk. There is comfortable seating for five and a Freeview TV, with DVD player. Oak doors open into a utility room, which includes a freezer and a washing machine;
- Dining room: Contains a wooden table, with seating for six, as well as a beautiful Welsh dresser. There are French doors leading out to the back garden and a flagstone floor, which runs into the adjoining open plan kitchen;
- Kitchen: Contains a large range cooker, microwave, toaster, dishwasher and fridge.
Returning to the hallway, stairs lead up to a lovely first floor landing, with exposed oak beams and stone walls. Leading off the landing are three bedrooms and a family bathroom:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains two 75cm wide single beds, which can be joined together to form a king size bed;
- Bedroom 3: Contains a single bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, basin and toilet.
As well as the large front garden, there is also a rear courtyard garden, accessed via French doors from the dining room. This tranquil, gravelled area is enclosed (please note that there is a right of access through the garden for the next door neighbour) and contains an outdoor table and seating, a chiminea and a barbeque. There is a storage shed in the back garden, which contains a tumble dryer.