Rose Tree Cottage is a grade II listed, detached Cotswold stone cottage, sitting in its own gardens on a hill just outside the market town of Stroud, in the heart of the beautiful "Five Valleys" region of the Cotswolds. Stroud is well known for its bohemian vibe and eclectic mix of shops, with Jasper Conran describing the weekly Farmers' Market held in the town as "the Covent Garden of the Cotswolds". The Five Valleys converge on Stroud and contain some of the most beautiful countryside Britain has to offer. Rose Tree Cottage is also well placed for exploring further afield, with the spa towns of Bath and Cheltenham both within easy reach.
The cottage has been lovingly renovated and extended by its owners, with traditional features such as oak beams and exposed Cotswold stone complemented by modern facilities, including two beautiful new bathrooms, a well presented kitchen and a conservatory, which allows the lovely back garden to be enjoyed whatever the weather.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of five people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There are lovely, peaceful front and back gardens, and the cottage has plenty of off-street parking, as well as secure storage space for bikes. Rose Tree Cottage is perfect for friends, couples or a family seeking peaceful seclusion in the Cotswolds, whilst being close to all the amenities of Stroud.
The front door of Rose Tree Cottage is accessed from the front garden and opens into a small porch, which then opens into a good sized kitchen. The following rooms are on the ground floor, which has underfloor heating throughout:
- Kitchen/dining room: A lovely, sociable room, with oak beams, a flagstone tiled floor and a cosy wood burning stove. The new kitchen includes a Rangemaster cooker, with double electric oven, electric grill and five gas hobs, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, washing machine, tumble dryer and a Freesat TV. There is also a wooden fold out dining table, with seating for five;
- Bathroom: Contains a walk-in shower, toilet, wash basin and a heated towel rail.
Steep, narrow stairs lead up from the kitchen to the first floor landing, off which are all the other rooms of the cottage. The bedrooms are in the oldest part of the cottage, and all have lovely oak beams and look out over the front garden, whereas the family rooms are at the rear of the cottage, with direct access to the back garden:
- Living room: Looking out through the conservatory to the back garden, the modern living room contains a lovely oak floor, comfy seating for five, a gas flame fireplace and a Smart TV with blu-ray/DVD player;
- Conservatory: Accessed from the living room and with comfy seating for five, the new conservatory allows the lovely back garden to be enjoyed whatever the weather. The conservatory door opens directly into the garden;
- Bedroom 1: Contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a single bed;
- Bedroom 3: With a feature exposed Cotswold stone wall area, this room contains two single beds;
- Family bathroom: A beautiful recent addition to the cottage, facing out to the back garden, the bathroom contains a walk-in shower, a roll top bath, toilet, wash basin, heated towel rail and underfloor heating.
As the cottage sits on a hill, the front and back gardens are at different heights, with both being beautifully maintained and offering peaceful tranquillity. The front garden is at ground floor level and contains a raised deck area, with a wooden table, outdoor seating and a gas barbecue, whilst the back garden is at first floor level, offering wonderful views over to Rodborough Common, with additional outdoor seating. There are a number of fruit trees in the gardens, including pear, plum and fig trees, which guests are welcome to help themselves from.
To the side of the cottage is a large shed, which is perfect for storing bicycles in.
Plenty of quiet off-street parking is available to the front of the cottage, just outside the garden gate.