Saintbridge is a stunning, Grade II listed property, built of Cotswold stone, which dates all the way back to the late 17th century. The detached cottage has a large, fully enclosed garden and is located in the small village of Barnsley, which is fortunate to contain one of the best pubs in the Cotswolds, as well as the highly regarded Barnsley House hotel, with its excellent restaurant and spa facilities. Barnsley is in the heart of the Cotswolds, surrounded by lovely countryside and close to the beautiful Coln Valley, whilst also being only four miles from Cirencester, the largest market town in the region. Saintbridge is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Bath, Blenheim Palace, Oxford and Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon.
The large cottage has a wealth of character features, including oak beams, stone mullion windows with wooden shutters, and an inglenook fireplace with a Morso wood burning stove. The traditional character is complemented by the stylish decor and furnishings, and by the modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV with full SKY package and DVD player, and a spacious, well presented kitchen.
Saintbridge sleeps a maximum of eight people, in four bedrooms, with three bathrooms and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a large enclosed garden and off-street parking is available. The cottage is ideal for families or groups of friends seeking a luxurious holiday home, in the heart of the stunning Cotswolds region.
Saintbridge's garden is accessed through large, electronic gates, which open onto a gravel driveway. The driveway leads to the cottage's front door, which opens into a large hallway, off which are the following rooms:
- Living room: A beautiful, large room, with oak beams, stone mullion windows and wooden shutters, and an inglenook fireplace, with a Morso wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for eight, a flatscreen TV with full SKY package and a DVD player, and a portable Sonos player;
- Kitchen/dining room: A large and very sociable room, with French doors out to the garden. The spacious, modern kitchen contains an electric Aga, with six hobs and four ovens, Kitchen Aid, microwave, fridge, freezer, toaster, kettle, dishwasher, washing machine/tumble dryer and filter coffee maker. The stylish dining table comfortably seats eight;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, which leads to the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: A large, vaulted room, which contains a super king size bed and an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet, twin basin and underfloor heating;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 3: Contains either two single beds or a super king size bed;
- Family bathroom: A beautiful room, which contains a roll top bath, walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
A narrow, steep and winding staircase leads up from the first floor landing, opening directly into:
- Bedroom 4: In the eaves of the cottage, with lovely oak beams, this room contains a king size bed and an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
The peaceful, enclosed garden is to the front and side of the cottage, with a mixture of lawned areas, mature planting and stone chippings. There is an outdoor table and eight chairs, a charcoal barbecue and a swing and slide set. The gravel driveway, in front of the cottage, has off-street parking space for two or three cars.