Shenley is a beautiful Grade II* listed cottage, peacefully situated at the end of a short terrace that was once the Manor House in Broadwell, one of the most picturesque villages in the Cotswolds. The village is centred around a large green, which Shenley overlooks, and contains many period properties and a welcoming local pub, as well as being ideally located for exploring the stunning surrounding countryside. The famous market town of Stow-on-the-Wold is just over a mile away, with its wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants, and Moreton-in-Marsh is three miles away, providing a direct train line to London. Shenley is perfectly placed for visiting the many towns and villages of the North Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
This attractive, well-proportioned property has many character features, including stone mullion windows, a large stone fireplace with wood burning stove, exposed beams and many well-chosen antiques. Modern facilities including wireless internet access, a TV with DVD player, and a well-presented kitchen complement the historic character of the property.
Shenley sleeps six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There is a lawned area at the front of the property and a courtyard at the back, whilst a driveway to the side of the property provides parking space for two cars. Shenley is perfect for a family or a group of friends looking for a relaxing break in a historic property, in one of the prettiest villages in the Cotswolds.
Shenley is peacefully located at the end of a short lane, overlooking Broadwell's village green. The main entrance is at the back of the property, into the kitchen, and the following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Kitchen/dining room: This modern, well presented room has a professional electric cooker with two ovens and a five-ring induction hob, an American style fridge/freezer with ice dispenser and filtered water tap, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and washing machine. There is also a large wooden dining table, with seating for six;
- Living room: This stunning room is full of character features, including oak beams, a stone mullion window, and a stone fireplace with a wood burning stove, as well as a selection of classic artwork. There is a three-seater sofa, three arm chairs and a window seat, plus a flat screen TV with a basic Sky package and a DVD player:
- Cloakroom: contains a toilet and wash basin;
Stairs lead up from the rear of the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: This characterful room looks out over the village green and contains a double bed, an upholstered arm chair, and walls adorned with antique pictures;
- Bedroom 2: Two steps lead down into this charming room, with an ornamental fireplace and two large single antique brass beds;
- Family bathroom: This modern room has a large walk in shower, with a rain drop shower head and separate handheld shower attachment, heated towel rail, toilet and wash basin.
Further stairs lead up from the first floor to the second floor:
- Bedroom 3: A beautiful eaves room, with oak beams and a stone mullion window, which contains a super king size bed. This bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, which contains a free-standing bath with a handheld shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
Outside the front of the cottage is a lawned area, with a bench and a table, which has lovely views towards the village green. There is also a courtyard area at the back of the cottage, with a table and six chairs. Off street parking is available for two cars.