Southview is part of a row of traditional Cotswold stone cottages, located on a peaceful lane, in the heart of the beautiful village of Painswick, well known as the "Queen of the Cotswolds" and famous for its 99 yew trees in the ancient churchyard. Many places within the village, including Southview's garden, have stunning views out over the glorious countryside of the Painswick Valley. Southview is well placed for exploring the surrounding countryside or visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds. The famous Cotswold Way footpath, which runs from Bath to Chipping Campden, goes past the front door of the cottage.
The cottage has been lovingly renovated by its owner, to highlight its traditional character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls and oak beams, wooden doors and a large inglenook fireplace. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well equipped kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with one bathroom. Please note that children under the age of 10 are not permitted at Southview. Quiet on street parking is freely available. Southview is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a small family with older children, looking for a peaceful getaway.
Southview can also be booked in conjunction with its very similar neighbouring property, Belleview.
The front door of Southview opens into the living room. The following rooms are downstairs:
- Living room: The beautiful living room is full of character, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and an inglenook fireplace. There is a wood burning stove in the fireplace and comfy seating for four. The living room also contains a fold away wooden dining table and four dining chairs;
- Kitchen: The well equipped, galley style kitchen contains an electric cooker and four ring hob, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, kettle and washing machine.
Steep wooden stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: With beautiful exposed stone walls, plus fabulous countryside views. Contains two single beds;
- Dressing room: Contains a dressing table and chair, plus a clothes rail;
- Bathroom: Contains a bath with shower attachment, a toilet and a wash basin.
A further steep staircase leads up from the first floor, directly into the Master bedroom:
- Master bedroom: A stunning eaves room, with exposed oak beams and stone walls, plus fabulous countryside views. Contains a king size bed.
The back door leads out of the kitchen, into the peaceful multi-level garden. Steep steps lead up to the top of the garden, from which there are fabulous views over the rooftops to the glorious countryside beyond. There is a garden table and four chairs, and a charcoal barbecue.