St Mary's Cottage is a truly exceptional property, set in its own private garden at the end of a quiet lane in the heart of Lower Slaughter, widely regarded as one of England's most beautiful villages. The cottage is set back from Copse Hill Road, which was named as the most romantic street in Britain in a 2011 online poll. Despite its tranquil setting, the cottage benefits from having a beautiful country inn and two of the Cotswolds finest restaurants a short stroll away, as well as being ideally placed for exploring the wider Cotswold region. The well known market towns of Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water are both close by, with their wide ranges of pubs, shops and restaurants.
Built to the highest quality from Cotswold stone, with a character in keeping with the village, St Mary's Cottage has been immaculately furnished in a warm, contemporary style. The traditional character of the building has been complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a 3D flatscreen TV and a large, well equipped kitchen/dining room.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms (one en-suite) and a downstairs cloakroom. Off street parking is available for up to four cars and a garage is available for the storage of bikes. The property is the perfect place for a family or a group of friends seeking an idyllic rural retreat.
A path from the gate leads to the front door of St Mary's Cottage, which opens into a large hallway, leading to the ground floor rooms:
- Living room: As with the rest of the cottage, the living room has been beautifully decorated and furnished. This dual aspect room comfortably seats six, on three plush sofas, arranged around the feature gas effect fireplace. There is also a portable iPod dock;
- TV room: Adjoining the living room, the TV room contains a 3D flat screen TV and a DVD player. There is comfortable seating for five or six;
- Kitchen/dining room: A large, dual aspect room, perfect for dinner parties or casual dining. The well equipped kitchen contains a double electric oven, with grill and four ring electric hob, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and a fridge with freezer compartment. The dining table comfortably seats eight;
- Utility room: Accessed via the kitchen and with a back door out to the garden and the garage, the large utility room contains a washing machine/tumble dryer and a second fridge with freezer compartment;
- Downstairs cloakroom: Contains a toilet and hand basin.
Stairs from the hallway lead up to the first floor, where all of the bedrooms are beautifully set in the eaves of the cottage:
- Bedroom 1 (en-suite): Contains a king size bed. The en-suite bathroom contains a shower, a separate bath with shower attachment, a hand basin and a toilet;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 3: Contains two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with shower attachment, a hand basin and a toilet.
Heading outside, the cottage is surrounded by its own peaceful, child friendly, enclosed garden. There is an outdoor table and six chairs, plus a charcoal barbecue. Also in the enclosed grounds of the cottage is a garage, for storing items such as bikes, and off street parking space for four cars.