Stable Cottage was formerly the stables for the Inn at Fossebridge, an historic family run 17th century coaching inn, and the cottage sits in the Inn's beautiful four acre grounds. Fossebridge is in the heart of the Cotswolds, located between Cirencester to the South and Stow-on-the-Wold to the North. Stable Cottage is ideally placed for exploring the surrounding countryside, including the picturesque Coln Valley, or visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds.
The graded II listed stables were solidly built in Cotswold stone and have recently been converted to form a beautiful, single storey cottage. The character of the original stables has been retained via the incorporation of stable doors and original oak beams into the cottage, and enhanced by the quality of the new finishings, including oak doors, windows and skirting boards. The character of the cottage is complemented by its facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV with DVD player and Sky, and a well presented kitchen.
Stable Cottage sleeps a maximum of 4+2 guests, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms (with the +2 being bunk beds for children, which are in a small bedroom that connects the master bedroom to the rest of the cottage). The grounds of the Inn at Fossebridge are open to guests and off street parking is available. Stable Cottage is an ideal location for families or groups of friends, looking for a peaceful retreat.
The cottage benefits from having access to all of the Inn's services, including private dining facilities.
The front door of Stable Cottage opens into a hallway. The following rooms are in the cottage, all on the ground floor:
- Living/dining room: A warm and cosy room, with one of the original oak beams from the stables and a beautiful tiled floor. There is comfy seating for five, plus a large beanbag, and a wooden dining table and chairs, seating six. There is a flatscreen TV, with integral DVD player and Sky TV;
- Kitchen: Opening directly onto the living/dining room, the kitchen is small, but well laid out, and contains an electric cooker and four ring hob, dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster (clothes washing facilities can be provided by the Inn);
- Master bedroom: Accessed via bedroom 3, the master bedroom contains a king size bed and has an en-suite bathroom, with a bath with overhead shower, toilet and twin wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Contains two single beds;
- Bedroom 3: A small room, which also gives access to the master bedroom, bedroom 3 contains two high quality oak bunk beds, which are suitable for children;
- Family bathroom: Contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
The cottage adjoins the beautiful four acre grounds of the Inn at Fossebridge, which guests have full access to.