Star Cottage is a traditional Cotswold stone cottage, built in 1845 to house the family of a worker at the local brewery, in the beautiful village of Little Compton. The cottage combines two original cottages and is one of a row of six on a quiet lane, with little traffic apart from occasional horses. It is set back from the lane, with a pretty private front garden leading to the front door and a larger secluded garden with pond at the back of the cottage. Little Compton is very peaceful and picturesque, with a beautiful Manor House, a historic Norman Church and an excellent gastro-pub, the Red Lion, just five minutes walk from Star Cottage. There are numerous country walks and many beautiful Cotswold towns and villages are nearby, including Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Norton and Moreton-in-Marsh. Daylesford Organic Farmshop is only six miles away and Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace, Cheltenham and Oxford are all within easy reach.
The cottage has been the much-loved weekend retreat of its owners and their friends for some years. It has been lovingly decorated and furnished as a home rather than a holiday let, with an exposed Cotswold stone wall and a lovely wood burning stove in the large, comfortable living room, a separate flag-stone floored dining room, and a well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a landline telephone, two flat screen televisions and a DVD player. There is also a wide range of original artwork on the walls, an original mural in the bathroom and an extensive library of books and DVDs to enjoy while at the cottage.
Star Cottage sleeps a maximum of four people in two rooms, both with king size beds. The secluded enclosed garden at the rear of the cottage is a glorious suntrap to relax in and there is free on street parking on the quiet lane outside the cottage. Star Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a small family, looking for a lovely cottage in a beautiful location.
The front door of Star Cottage is accessed from a quiet lane via a pretty front garden. The front door opens into the dining room and the following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Dining room: With a flagstone floor, antique pine furniture, electric faux log burner stove and an extending table, which comfortably seats six;
- Living room: This spacious, cosy room has a lovely wood burning stove, exposed Cotswold stone wall, a large sofa and four comfortable armchairs, a desk, side tables and lamps. There is also a flatscreen TV with a DVD player, and a collection of books and DVDs;
- Kitchen: Overlooking the lovely private back garden, with a breakfast bar and stools for two, the kitchen is equipped with an electric four ring hob, double electric oven, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine and a Sodastream;
- Cloakroom/utility room: A convenient room, which contains a walk-in shower, toilet, small hand basin, two supplementary fridges, a freezer and a washing machine/tumble dryer.
There is a hallway in the centre of the ground floor, from which stairs lead up to a first floor landing. The following rooms are on the first floor:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a king size bed and a small flatscreen TV;
- Bedroom 2: Also contains a king size bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with handheld shower attachment, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail. The bathroom also contains a beautiful original trompe d'oeil mural, which was painted by a friend of the owners.
Returning downstairs, a back door opens into the lovely, enclosed back garden, which contains a raised pond (a safety grill is available) and an outdoor table and chairs.