Swan View is a beautiful Cotswold stone cottage, set in the heart of the charming village of Southrop, surrounded by the stunning Cotswolds countryside. The River Leach runs past the village and there are an abundance of walks from the doorstep of the cottage. Southrop is also fortunate to have a very well regarded country pub, and is well placed for exploring the wider Cotswold region, with Burford, the “gateway to the Cotswolds” close by, and Cirencester, the largest market town in the Cotswolds, just 12 miles away. Slightly further afield places, such as Bath, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon are within easy reach, and day trips to London are also possible.
This lovely semi-detached property has wooden floors, exposed Cotswold stone walls in the sunny conservatory, and a cosy wood and coal burning stove in the living room. The character of the cottage is complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a SMART TV and a well presented kitchen.
Swan View sleeps 3+1 people, in two bedrooms (with the +1 option being a pull-out bed in bedroom 2), with one bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a lovely, well-established garden at the back of the property and a private driveway, with parking space for two cars. Swan View is perfect for a family looking for a relaxing break in a quintessential English village, in the heart of the Cotswold countryside.
Swan View is a semi-detached cottage in the heart of Southrop, next to the village green. The front door opens into an entrance hall, off of which are the following ground floor rooms:
- Sitting room: This well presented room has a wooden floor and an exposed brick fireplace with a wood and coal burning stove, a three seater sofa, arm chair and a bucket chair. There is also a SMART TV with a Blu-ray player, and an iPod dock;
- Dining room: A lovely room, which looks out through the conservatory to the garden, and contains a large wooden table with seating for up to eight;
- Conservatory: Double doors from the dining room open into a bright conservatory, with exposed Cotswold stone walls, which is perfect to sit in on a summer evening, watching the sun set from the rattan sofa and two chairs. French doors lead out from the conservatory into the lovely garden. Please note that the conservatory is not heated in winter;
- Kitchen: An open arch leads from the dining room into the well presented kitchen, which also overlooks the garden. There is an electric cooker and four ring electric hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, slimline dishwasher, and a kettle, toaster and NutriBullet;
- Utility room/cloakroom: Contains a washing machine, toilet and a wash basin;
- Snug: A small office area, with a desk, chair, telephone and an additional fridge.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A bright and spacious room, which gets the morning sun, and contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a full size single bed, with an additional 75cm wide pull-out single bed also available upon request. When the extra bed is in use there is not much floor space available in the bedroom;
- Shower room: Contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Doors from the conservatory lead into the large, mature back garden, with planted borders, fruit trees and lawn. There is a table with an umbrella and seating for five, plus a charcoal barbecue during the warmer months of the year.
At the front of the cottage is a gravel driveway, with parking for two cars.