The Bell House is a beautiful Grade II listed Cotswold stone cottage, located in the heart of the famous market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. Sitting on top of a hill, Stow is well known for its many antique shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as for the many lovely walks through the surrounding Cotswold countryside that are accessible directly from the town. Stow is also an ideal base for exploring the wider region, including the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
The traditional cottage has many character features, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a beautiful inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
The Bell House sleeps a maximum of five people, in three bedrooms, with a family bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a lovely courtyard garden to the rear of the property and free on street parking is available either outside or close to the cottage. The cottage is perfect for a family or group of friends looking for a relaxing break in the heart of one of England's most beautiful market towns.
The Bell House's front door is accessed via a small front garden and opens into a little hallway, with a further door opening into the dining area. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: A lovely, cosy room, full of character features, including oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls and a beautiful inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for five, a flat screen TV with a DVD player, music centre and a collection of CDs and DVDs;
- Kitchen/dining room: The spacious, well presented kitchen contains an electric cooker, four ring electric hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, washing machine, tumble dryer, two slow cookers and a liquidiser. The dining area has a lovely wooden table and seating for five, with an electric flame effect fire located close to the entrance hallway;
- Utility room: A handy space, next to the kitchen, which contains a washing machine and tumble dryer, with a back door out to the courtyard garden;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and wash basin.
Stairs that are open sided on one side lead up from the dining area to the first floor hallway, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: There is a tiny step on the way into this lovely room, which has exposed Cotswold stone walls and contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: Under the eaves of the cottage, this room contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 3: A small room at the front of the cottage, which contains a single bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath, walk-in shower, toilet and a wash basin.
The back door leads out into the cottage's lovely enclosed courtyard garden. Surrounded by Cotswold stone walls, the garden forms a glorious suntrap in the warmer months of the year. There is an open sided raised patio area, which contains a table and four chairs, and there is also a second, smaller table, with two further chairs, plus a charcoal barbecue.