The Brew House is a lovely Cotswold stone property located in the heart of Chipping Campden, one of the most famous and picturesque market towns in England. The cottage is ideally located for exploring the many small shops, tea rooms and restaurants in the town, as well as providing easy access to the beautiful surrounding countryside. The many other beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds are all just a short drive away, as are well known places such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Blenheim Palace.
This Grade II listed property dates back to the 17th century and has an abundance of original character features, including stone mullion windows, stripped oak beams, exposed stone walls and an inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. The character of the cottage is complemented by its stylish contemporary furnishings and modern facilities, including wireless internet access and a well presented kitchen.
The Brew House sleeps six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. The property has no garden or outside space, however the cottage is within walking distance of all the amenities of Chipping Campden. Free street parking is available outside or close to the cottage. The Brew House is perfect for friends or families with older children looking for a relaxing break in one of the best loved market towns in the Cotswolds.
The Brew House is located in a row of Cotswold stone cottages, on a beautiful street in the heart of Chipping Campden. The front door opens directly into the lovely ground floor living area, containing the following rooms:
- Living/dining room: This characterful room has a large inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, exposed oak beams, stone mullion window and a feature former salt cupboard. There is comfortable seating for up to six, with two sofas and two Lloyd Loom chairs (the second chair is usually upstairs, but can be brought down to the living room), and an oak topped dining table that can seat up to six. There is also a SMART TV with a DVD player;
- Kitchen: Two steps lead up from the living area to the spacious, well presented kitchen, which has a polished solid oak floor, exposed Cotswold stone and oak beams. The kitchen has contemporary fitted cupboards with granite worktops, and a SMEG oven with gas hob that fits neatly into an inglenook fireplace. There is also an integrated dishwasher, fridge freezer, washing machine/tumble dryer, microwave, kettle and toaster. A hatch in the kitchen floor leads down to a cellar used for log storage.
A door opens from the kitchen to the stairs, which lead up to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A lovely room with oak beams, a window seat beneath a stone mullion window, a feature stone fireplace and a built in cupboard with hanging space. There is an oak framed double bed and oak bedside tables, together with a flatscreen TV and DVD player;
- Bedroom 2: A dual aspect bedroom, also with oak beams and a feature stone fireplace, which contains two single beds;
- Family bathroom: This beautifully appointed room has Italian sanitary ware, including a large pedestal wash basin, floating toilet and a walk-in shower.
A door from the first floor landing leads directly to a steep winding staircase to the second floor:
- Bedroom 3: In the lovely eaves of the cottage, this bedroom contains a comfortable oak-framed double bed and a wall mounted flatscreen TV. The window provides an excellent view of the church opposite. There is also a large ensuite bathroom, again with Italian sanitary ware consisting of a bath, toilet and wash basin.