The Bybrook is a large detached property, built in traditional Cotswold stone, and located on the edge of the famous village of Bourton-on-the-Water, affectionately known as the “Venice of the Cotswolds”, due to the beautiful river that meanders through the heart of the village. Bourton itself has plenty to appeal to visitors, including a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as being ideally located for exploring the many other beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds. Further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath are also within easy reach.
Newly built in traditional Cotswold stone, The Bybrook is spacious and well laid out, with modern facilities that include wireless internet access, two TVs (one with a DVD player), and a large, well presented kitchen.
The Bybrook sleeps 8+1 guests in four bedrooms (with the +1 on a day bed in the study), with two bathrooms and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a lovely enclosed garden at the back of the property and two off street parking spaces to the side. The Bybrook is ideal for large family gatherings or for groups of friends seeking a relaxing break in one of the Cotswolds best loved villages, surrounded by glorious countryside.
The Bybrook is located on a peaceful street in the village of Bourton-on-the-Water. There is a small front garden in front of the house, with a path to the front door, which opens into a large hallway. All of the ground floor rooms are accessed from the hallway:
- Living room: A large and bright triple aspect room, which is comfortably furnished, with a large corner sofa and a further sofa. There is also a flatscreen TV with BT TV. French doors lead out from the living room into the back garden;
- Kitchen/dining room: The large, well laid out kitchen contains two electric ovens, a six ring gas hob, integrated full height fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster. There is a large island in the centre of the kitchen, with seating for two, and french doors lead out to the back garden. The dining area contains a large dining table, with seating for eight;
- Study: A lovely room to relax in, which contains a TV and DVD player (this TV is only for watching DVDs). The sofa is also a day bed, providing the +1 sleeping option;
- Utility room: A handy room, with a door out to the back garden, and a washing machine, tumble dryer and sink;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: A lovely triple aspect room, which contains a king size bed and an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: A dual aspect room, which also contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 3: Another well proportioned room, which contains a double bed and a comfy armchair;
- Bedroom 4: Overlooking the back garden, this room contains two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
The enclosed garden at the back of the house is surrounded by a Cotswold stone wall and is mostly laid to lawn. There is an outdoor table and seating for four (there will be seating for eight from Spring 2017), plus a charcoal barbecue in the warmer months of the year. At the side of the house is a driveway, with parking space for two cars.
Guests may find the following local information useful:
- There is a large playground close by, with a football pitch
- There is a gym and leisure centre close by, which guests can use on a pay as you go basis
- The well regarded Coach & Horses pub is a five minute walk from the house
- The house is close to a bus route that takes people to the surrounding local villages
- The Cotswold Farm Park, which features on the BBC's Countryfile, is just three miles away
- Birdland Park and Gardens is a short walk away
- The centre of Bourton-on-the-Water is just a 10 minute walk away
- There is a Co-op supermarket a 5 minute walk away