The Crook is a beautiful, Grade II listed house, dating back to the 18th century and located in the heart of the quintessential English market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. Sitting on top a hill, surrounded by the stunning Cotswold countryside, Stow is well known for its many antique shops, pubs and restaurants, and is an ideal base for exploring the wider region, including the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
The house contains a wealth of character features, including wooden beams, flagstone floors, exposed walls and fireplaces. Complementing these period features, The Crook has been decorated, furnished and equipped in a warm and contemporary style, with modern facilities such as wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
The Crook sleeps a maximum of 6+2 guests, in four bedrooms, with the +2 room being an interconnecting room suitable for children. There is a family bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom. To the rear of the property is a lovely courtyard garden and free on street parking is available either outside or close to the cottage. The Crook is perfect for families or a group of friends looking for a relaxing break in the heart of one of England's most beautiful market towns.
The Crook's front door on Sheep Street opens into an entrance hall, with flagstone flooring, which leads to:
- Living room: The cosy living room contains a wood burning stove (logs provided) and a plasma TV with DVD player. There is also a DVD and book library, plus a selection of games;
- Kitchen/dining room: The dining room is the heart of the house, with exposed walls, wooden beams, flagstone flooring and a large brick fireplace (no longer used as a fire). There is a large dining table, with seating for 8, and a plasma TV. The new kitchen is bright and airy, with a door leading directly out to the courtyard garden. Equipped to a high standard, the kitchen contains a range cooker with gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. There is also a Nespresso coffee machine (capsules are not provided);
- Downstairs cloakroom: Accessed via the original back door of The Crook, contains a WC and basin;
- Small storage cupboard.
A stairway from the hall leads upstairs to the first floor:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a king size bed and plenty of wardrobe space;
- Bedroom 2: Contains two single beds, which can be joined together to form a super king size bed;
- Bathroom: Refurbished to an exceptional standard, the bathroom contains a bath with overhead shower, a WC and basin. The tiled floor has under floor heating.
From the first floor landing, an old door opens onto the staircase to the second floor:
- Bedroom 3: The staircase opens out directly into a spacious eaves bedroom, with beautiful exposed beams and a super king size bed;
- Bedroom 4: At the top of the stairs, connected to bedroom 3, is a small eaves bedroom, with restricted head height. This room contains two small single beds (75cm wide). A particular feature of this room, which makes it ideal for younger children, is that the door from bedroom 3 can be safely shut but left open at the top, so that adults in bedroom 3 can keep an eye on the children.
Back downstairs, a door from the kitchen leads directly outside to a fabulous courtyard garden, which includes a stunning open fireplace and a charcoal barbecue. Sheltered from the wind and with ample seating and dining space for eight guests, the courtyard is perfect for entertaining, whatever the season. The courtyard is well lit for evening dining.