The Furrow is a traditional Cotswold stone cottage, which sits in the large grounds of the owner's house, in the pretty village of Temple Guiting. The village is perfectly located, by the beautiful River Windrush, in the heart of the North Cotswolds countryside, close to the market towns of Winchcombe and Stow-on-the-Wold. Temple Guiting is ideally placed for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as places such as Cheltenham, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon.
The cottage is spacious, yet it retains a warm, cosy feel. The traditional character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access (currently being installed – please check before booking), two flatscreen TVs and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of 2+2 people, in one bedroom and on a sofa bed in the living room, with two bathrooms. There is off-street parking outside the cottage. The Furrow is an ideal retreat for a couple or a small family, looking for a peaceful holiday in beautiful surroundings.
The front door of The Furrow opens into the kitchen. The following rooms are on the ground floor of the cottage:
- Living room/dining room: The large, traditional living and dining room contains wooden panelling, oak beams and a flame effect electric fire, as well as a Freesat TV, with a DVD and video player. There is comfy seating for at least four people, with one of the sofas being a double sofa-bed, providing the additional +2 sleeping capacity. The lovely wooden dining table comfortably seats up to six people;
- Kitchen: The kitchen contains an electric oven, electric grill, 4 ring electric hob, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave, kettle, toaster and washing machine (use of a tumble dryer is available on request);
- Downstairs bathroom: Recently refurbished, the bathroom contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the living/dining room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom: A lovely eaves room, which can be set up as either a king size bed, or two 75cm wide single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
The Furrow has its own private garden area, with a table and four chairs. Guests also have access to the remainder of the owner's beautiful, large garden. There is off-street parking outside the cottage.