The Granary is a lovely former farm building, which has stunning rural views and sits in the owners’ extensive grounds, in the heart of the beautiful North Cotswold countryside. The cottage is located on the outskirts of the small, peaceful village of Great Wolford, which benefits from a friendly local pub, and is also only a short drive or a lovely walk away from many of the famous North Cotswolds towns and villages, including Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden, Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water. The Granary is also well placed for exploring further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and Oxford.
This traditional former granary benefits from picture postcard views across the fields of the beautiful church of St Michael and All Angels in Great Wolford, and the property itself contains lovely exposed oak beams, wooden floors and exposed Cotswold stone footings. The character of the recently refurbished cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
The Granary sleeps a maximum of five people, in three bedrooms, with a family bathroom and separate WC. There is a lovely elevated deck attached to the property, as well as a separate private outdoor area, and guests also have access to the owners’ beautiful extensive gardens. Off street parking is available outside the cottage. The Granary is perfect for a family, a couple or group of friends looking for a relaxing break in the heart of the Cotswold countryside.
The Granary is a detached former farm building, which is surrounded by the owners' beautiful large gardens, including an enclosed meadow that dogs can run around freely in. To benefit from the lovely rural views, the cottage is an upside down property, with the living space on the first floor.
The front door opens into the ground floor hallway, off which are the following rooms:
- Master bedroom: Contains a double bed and an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, wash basin and toilet;
- Bedroom 2: Can be set up as either a king size bed or two 75cm wide single beds;
- Bedroom 3: Contains a single bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, and a wash basin;
- Ground floor utility room and WC: Contains a toilet, wash basin and a washing machine/tumble dryer.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the sociable, open plan first floor, which contains the following areas:
- Living space: Sitting under beautiful oak beams and with a set of French doors providing glorious views across the fields, this stylish living space contains two leather sofas and a comfy armchair, as well as a Freeview TV with a SMART DVD player, and a Bluetooth radio;
- Dining area: There is a large wooden dining table and six wooden chairs;
- Kitchen: The well presented kitchen area contains an electric oven, four ring electric hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster.
French doors lead out from the dining area to a raised decking area, which contains comfy outdoor seating and a small table, and is a beautiful space to relax and admire the lovely gardens in which the cottage sits. To the side of the cottage, on the ground floor is a further outdoor table, with seating for five, and a charcoal barbecue. Off street parking is freely available directly outside the cottage