The Old Chapel is a former small chapel, located close to the heart of the quintessential Cotswolds village of Northleach. This peaceful village benefits from a number of shops and restaurants, and is perfectly located for exploring the surrounding countryside or visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds.
The Grade II listed, detached stone chapel has been beautifully converted, to create a unique and stylish holiday cottage, whilst retaining character features, including stone arches, stained glass windows and vaulted ceilings. The character of The Old Chapel is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a modern kitchen.
The property sleeps a maximum of 4+1 people (with the +1 on a chair bed), in two bedrooms, with one bathroom and a downstairs cloakroom. There is an enclosed garden and off-street parking is available. The Old Chapel is an ideal retreat for friends, couples or a family, looking for a peaceful getaway.
The grand front door of The Old Chapel opens into a good sized hallway. The ground floor rooms are:
- Living/dining room: A beautiful room, with stone arches, stained glass windows and wooden floors. There is comfy lounge seating for five, with a TV and DVD player, and there is a circular dining table, also with seating for five, set in the semi-circular "apse" of the chapel;
- Kitchen: Accessed directly from the living/dining room, the modern kitchen contains a four ring electric hob, electric oven, fridge freezer, microwave, toaster and kettle;
- Downstairs cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a wash basin, as well as a washing machine and a tumble dryer.
A spiral staircase leads up from the hallway to the landing, off which are the following character filled rooms:
- Master bedroom: Contains a king size bed;
- Mezzanine bedroom: Contains a double bed and a chair bed, which can be made up into a small bed suitable for children, if required. This is a galleried room, which overlooks the living/dining room, enclosed only by a wooden rail;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath, walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
The front door leads out into the gardens of The Old Chapel. There is a small lawned area to the front of the property, as well as a gravelled parking area to the front and side, with space for three cars. A gate at the side of the property leads through to the enclosed rear terrace, which contains a table and chairs, and a charcoal barbecue during the warmer months of the year.