The Old Dairy is a charming and luxurious Grade II listed cottage, located in the peaceful rural village of Cleeve Prior. The cottage is next to the village green and is close to the village pub and the church of St Andrew, the origins of which date back to the 12th century. Cleeve Prior is less than 10 miles from Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare, and is on the northern fringes of the Cotswolds, making the cottage perfectly located for exploring the entire Heart of England region.
Built in the 18th century and, as the name suggests, originally a dairy, the cottage boasts a wealth of character features, not least of which is the beautiful stone cheese press in the bedroom. The many other character features include oak beams, exposed Cotswold stone walls, flagstone floors and a wood burning stove. Complementing the period features, the cottage has modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a TV and DVD player, and a well equipped kitchen. A stable door from the living room opens onto steps down to a large, tranquil garden area, with a summerhouse. The Old Dairy is the perfect location for a couple looking for a relaxing break in the heart of England.
The cottage sleeps two people, in one bedroom, with a luxurious bathroom and a separate cloakroom.
The Old Dairy has two off street parking spaces, quietly located off the village green. A path leads to external stone steps up to the front door, which enters the cottage onto a half way landing between the ground and first floors. The Old Dairy is an “upside down” cottage and the stairs lead up to:
- Kitchen: A well equipped kitchen, containing a four ring gas hob, grill, gas oven, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge with freezer compartment and washer dryer;
- Living room: A beautiful room, in the eaves of the cottage, with exposed oak timbers, exposed stone walls and a cosy wood burning stove. The living room contains a large sofa, a dining table with seating for up to four, and a TV with DVD player. A stable door from the living room leads out to stone steps to the garden;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a wash basin.
Returning to the front door, the stairs lead down to:
- Bedroom: A breathtaking room, full of character, including flagstone floors, oak beams and an original stone cheese press, dating back to the cottage’s role as the local dairy. The room contains a king size bed. A door from the bedroom leads out to the garden;
- Bathroom: The traditional, yet contemporary bathroom, with flagstone floors and wooden panelling, contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
The peaceful, mature garden is to the rear of the cottage, with a mixture of lawn, patio area and flower beds. There is a summer house, an outdoor table and four chairs, as well as a barbecue. The cottage garden is a private area within the owner's large garden and guests are invited to use all of this garden, including a delightful orchard.