Dating back to the 17th century, The Old Farmhouse is a beautiful Grade II listed Cotswold stone cottage, located in the heart of the picturesque village of Little Rissington. This small village is surrounded by the stunning Cotswold countryside, with lovely walks straight from the door, whilst also being only a mile and a half away from the famous town of Bourton-on-the-Water. Often referred to as the "Venice of the Cotswolds", due to the lovely river that runs through the town, Bourton has a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants. The Old Farmhouse is also perfectly located for exploring the many other lovely towns and villages of the Cotswolds region, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
Lovingly renovated in 2015, The Old Farmhouse perfectly combines traditional character features with contemporary finishes and furnishings. The cottage boasts beautiful oak beams, Cotswold stone mullion windows, and a large inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. These features are complemented by a large well presented kitchen, wireless internet access, and two flatscreen TVs.
The Old Farmhouse sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a small patio terrace to the rear of the property and two off street parking spaces are available outside the cottage. The Old Farmhouse is perfect for families or groups of friends seeking a relaxing break in the heart of the beautiful Cotswolds region.
The Old Farmhouse sits on a quiet road, which runs through the heart of Little Rissington. There is a front door that opens onto the road, however the primary access to the cottage is now via the back door, which leads into the kitchen. The following rooms are on the ground floor of the cottage:
- Kitchen/breakfast room: This large, dual aspect room includes a lovely kitchen area, with a single electric oven, four ring induction hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and washing machine. There is also a wooden breakfast table with seating for six;
- Living room: Another beautiful, dual aspect room, with oak beams, stone mullion windows, and a large inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for six and a flatscreen TV, with a DVD player;
- Dining room: With oak beams and a stone mullion window, this room contains a formal dining table with seating for six, two comfy armchairs, and a flatscreen TV with integrated DVD player;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a hand basin.
Stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: A stylish, dual aspect room, with a lovely window seat in one of the stone mullion windows, which contains a super king size bed;
- Bedroom 3: With oak beams and two stone mullion windows, this cosy room contains two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and a wash basin.
A steep, narrow staircase, with a very low beam, leads up from the first floor to the master bedroom, which takes up the entire second floor:
- Master bedroom: This magnificent eaves room is framed by ancient oak beams and contains a king size bed. There is a stylish ensuite bathroom, with a free standing bath, walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
At the rear of the cottage, just outside the back door, is a small patio terrace, which contains an outdoor table and chairs, as well as a garden bench. Next to the terrace are two off street parking spaces.