The Sheiling is a beautiful, detached country cottage, set in its own enclosed garden, in the unspoilt Cotswolds conservation village of Upper Oddington. Many walks through the stunning Cotswold countryside are available on the doorstep and the cottage is only 2 miles from the beautiful market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. The Horse & Groom, a quintessential English Cotswold stone inn, is located 100 yards from the cottage and Daylesford Organic, with its award winning food, cookery school and spa, is also located close by.
The cottage is built from traditional Cotswold stone and has been beautifully decorated and furnished, with many character features, including wooden beams, a real fire in the living room and an inglenook fireplace in the kitchen, containing a Rayburn cooker. Complementing these character features, the cottage has modern facilities, including wireless internet access and Freeview TV.
The Sheiling sleeps six people, in four bedrooms, one of which is on the ground floor. There is also a fold-up bed available, suitable for children up to age 11. There are two bathrooms. The cottage is an ideal retreat for a family holiday or for groups of friends seeking a beautiful country retreat.
A short gravel drive leads from the village road to The Sheiling’s entrance gate. Inside the gate, there is parking for at least two cars. The cottage is entered via its front door, which opens into a good sized hallway, containing a beautiful antique bench.
The main ground floor rooms are:
- Living room: Accessed from the hallway, this is a relatively large, but cosy room, with oak beams, a real fire and beautiful furnishings. There is a Freeview TV, with DVD player and a Sony stereo system;
- Dining room: Also accessed from the hallway, this is a good sized room, with oak beams, a fireplace (not used) and a large wooden dining table and chairs. French doors lead out from the dining room to the garden;
- Kitchen: A wonderful room for both cooking and relaxing in, with oak beams and flooring, wooden work surfaces and an inglenook fireplace, containing a Rayburn cooker. The well equipped kitchen also has a separate electric cooker with electric hob, fridge, small freezer, microwave, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine (capsules not provided), dishwasher and washing machine/tumble dryer. There is a centre island and a table and chairs for four. A back door leads out from the kitchen to the garden;
- Bedroom 4: Accessed from the living room, this bedroom contains a single bed.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are three bedrooms and a family bathroom:
- Bedroom 1 (en-suite): Contains a king size bed. The large bathroom contains a bath with shower attachment, basin and toilet;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 3: Contains a single bed;
- Family bathroom: Contains a shower, basin and toilet.
Heading back downstairs and outside, the enclosed garden surrounds the house, with a mixture of grass, decking and gravel areas. The garden is very quiet and tranquil, perfect for both adults and children to relax in.There is an outdoor table and chairs for six people.