The Smithy is a beautiful Cotswold stone cottage, located on the corner of a quaint street in Chipping Norton, one of the North Cotswolds’ famous market towns. As well as having a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants, Chipping Norton is ideally placed for exploring the Cotswolds region, whether walking, cycling or riding through the beautiful countryside, or exploring the many other lovely towns and villages just a short drive away. Chipping Norton is also well placed for visiting other world famous attractions, such as Blenheim Palace, the dreaming spires of Oxford, or Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
This light and airy cottage has many character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, wooden floors and doors, and a cosy wood burning stove. Fully refurbished in 2016, the character of the cottage is enhanced by its modern facilities, including a new, well presented kitchen, wireless internet access and a SMART TV.
The Smithy sleeps 5+1 people, in three bedrooms (with the +1 being on a 75cm wide pull-out bed), with a lovely family bathroom. There is a small, attractive courtyard garden and on street parking is readily available. The cottage is perfect for a family or a group of friends looking for a relaxing break in a beautiful village, surrounded by the lovely Cotswold countryside.
The Smithy is on the corner of a quiet road, in the heart of Chipping Norton. The front door is accessed directly from the pavement and opens into the main ground floor living space.
The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living/dining room: The stylish living room contains an exposed Cotswold stone wall, wooden floor and a cosy wood burning stove, There is a large sofa, a snuggle chair and an armchair, as well as a flat screen SMART TV. The dining area contains a large wooden dining table, with seating for six;
- Kitchen: The contemporary kitchen is well laid out, and contains an electric oven, four ring gas hob, microwave, dishwasher, combined washing machine and tumble dryer, plus a kettle, toaster and a Nespresso coffee machine (without capsules);
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a wash basin.
Stairs lead up from behind the dining area to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A bright and airy room, which contains two single beds;
- Bedroom 2: Another elegant room, which contains a double bed;
- Bedroom 3: The standard setup of this room is with a single bed, however a further 75cm wide pull-out single bed can also be setup in this room, upon request. There is very little floorspace available in the bedroom when the pull-out bed is setup;
- Family bathroom: A stylish, modern bathroom, which contains a bath with overhead shower and handheld shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
At the rear of the cottage is a small, elegant courtyard garden, which contains a bistro table and seating for four.