Top Cottage is a stunning Cotswold stone cottage, peacefully located on a pedestrian mews, yet just a two minute stroll from the historic heart of the picturesque village of Broadway. Known as “The Jewel in the Crown” of the Cotswolds and home to the famous Lygon Arms, Broadway is the quintessential English village, with a wide tree lined main street, which contains a varied selection of restaurants, pubs, tea rooms and independent shops, as well as art galleries and museums. The famed Cotswold Way walking path passes through Broadway, as do many other scenic walks, and Broadway is well located for exploring all the lovely towns and villages of the North Cotswolds, as well as famous places such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick Castle and the dreaming spires of Oxford.
The lovely row of cottages was originally stabling and farm outbuildings, and was converted to living accommodation in the Victorian era. Top Cottage is built of honey-coloured Cotswold stone and has an abundance of character, with original exposed oak beams, a cosy wood burning stove and wooden doors, all complemented by luxurious contemporary furnishings and fittings, and modern features, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and DVD player, and a well-presented kitchen.
Top Cottage sleeps four people, in two bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There is a lovely peaceful back garden, enclosed by a Cotswold stone wall, and free parking is available on the lane at the end of the mews. Top Cottage is perfect for a couple, friends or a family looking for a relaxing break in the heart of one of the most idyllic towns in the Cotswolds.
Top Cottage sits in a short row of picturesque cottages, on a quiet pedestrian mews, just off Broadway’s High Street. The front door opens into the corner of the living room, with the ground floor containing the following rooms:
- Living/dining room: This characterful room has exposed Cotswold stones and oak beams, and a lovely fireplace with a wood burning stove. There is a flatscreen TV with a DVD player, two comfortable sofas, and a wooden dining table with seating for four. This dual aspect room has French doors which lead straight out into the back garden;
- Kitchen: A well laid out room, with fitted oak units and terracotta tiles, which contains an electric oven, four ring electric hob, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, and a washing machine.
Stairs lead up from the back of the living room to the first floor landing, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 1: A beautifully decorated room, which contains a double bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. There is also an ensuite bathroom, with a walk-in shower, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail;
- Family bathroom: Contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Further stairs lead up from the first floor landing directly into the second bedroom:
- Bedroom 2: A stylish room in the exposed eaves of the cottage, with outstanding views over the rooftops of Broadway out to the open countryside, which contains a double bed, wardrobe and relaxing reading chair.
The cottage’s enclosed back garden is accessed from the living room. Bordered by a Cotswold stone wall and mostly gravelled, the garden includes a raised patio area with a table and four chairs, and an elegant wrought iron garden bench. There is also a stone bench at the front of the cottage, which catches the afternoon sun.
Free parking is available for at least one car, usually two, at the end of the quiet lane adjacent to the row of cottages.