Please note that during December the maximum occupancy of Tree Tops House is 14, due to the presence of a large Christmas tree.
Tree Tops House is a grand, detached Cotswold stone house and a beautiful cottage annexe, which sit proudly in their large grounds, in the pretty village of Temple Guiting. The village is perfectly located, by the beautiful River Windrush, in the heart of the North Cotswolds countryside, close to the market towns of Winchcombe and Stow-on-the-Wold. Temple Guiting is ideally placed for visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as places such as Cheltenham, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon.
The main house has been extended and lovingly refurbished by its owner, retaining character features such as a large wood burning stove, flagstone floors and exposed Cotswold stone walls. Likewise, the Garden Cottage annexe has recently been fully refurbished and includes full kitchen, dining and living room facilities. The character of the property is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, six flatscreen TVs (five of which are Smart TVs) and a large, well equipped kitchens in both the main house and the Garden Cottage annexe.
In total, the property sleeps a maximum of 12+4 people, comprising upto 8+2 people in the main house and upto 4+2 people in Garden Cottage. The main house has four bedrooms and a sofa bed in the second living room, with four bathrooms. Garden Cottage has two bedrooms and a sofa bed in the first floor sitting room, with two bathrooms (please note that the family bathroom in Garden Cottage is accessed via the first floor sitting room/bedroom 3). Please note that, although there is ample living room and dining seating across the main house and Garden Cottage, there is no single dining table that seats 16, or individual living room with comfy seating for 16. There are large, enclosed front and back gardens, and there is plenty of off-street parking. Tree Tops House is perfect for multiple families, large family gatherings, or groups of friends looking for an exceptional holiday home in a rural location.
Tree Tops House consists of the large main house and the beautiful Garden Cottage, both of which sit in the property's large garden.
The main house's oak front door opens into a large hallway and the following rooms are on the spacious ground floor:
- Living room: The centrepiece of the large, triple aspect living room is the stone fireplace, with its large wood burning stove. There are three large, stylish leather sofas, providing ample comfortable seating for eight. The style of the room is complemented by the 40" Freesat Smart TV, with blu-ray/DVD player and a humax recorder;
- Kitchen/breakfast room: This character filled room has granite worktops, a double Belfast sink, under unit and cabinet lighting, a flagstone floor and an exposed Cotswold stone wall. The kitchen facilities include a Belling range cooker, with two electric ovens, an electric grill and a six ring hob, a freezer, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, separate free standing fridge and coffee percolator, as well as a Smart TV. There is a large wooden breakfast table, with seating for eight;
- Dining room: The dual aspect dining room contains a large wooden dining table, with seating for eight, and a beautiful Welsh dresser. A staircase from the dining room leads up to bedroom 4;
- Country room: A second living room, for relaxing and reading, which contains two large Chesterfield sofas and an ornate wooden cabinet. One of the sofas is a sofa bed, which provides the +2 accommodation in the main house;
- Utility/boot room: With access to the back garden, this room contains a washing machine, tumble dryer, water softener and Belfast sink;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and wash basin.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, off which are the following large rooms, with all of the bedrooms having lovely dual aspects:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a super-king size bed and a Smart TV. There is an en-suite bathroom, containing a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: With lovely rural views, this room contains two single beds and a Smart TV.
- Bedroom 3: Contains a double bed and a TV with DVD player. There is an en-suite bathroom, containing a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Family bathroom: Doubling up as the bathroom for bedroom 2, this room contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
A second staircase leads up from the dining room to:
- Bedroom 4: A large, dual aspect room, with lovely rural views, which contains a king size bed and a Smart TV. There is an en-suite bathroom, containing a bath with overhead shower, toilet and wash basin.
Garden Cottage is accessed either via the driveway, or via a path across the back garden from the main house. The front door is to the side of the cottage and opens up into a hallway. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Kitchen/dining room: Exuding Cotswolds character, the kitchen has a tiled floor, wooden worktops and a Belfast sink. The kitchen facilities include an electric oven and four ring hob, a fridge with freezer compartment, microwave, dishwasher, kettle and toaster. There is a wooden dining table, with seating for six;
- Living room: A lovely, cosy room, which contains comfy seating for six and a flatscreen TV, with a blu-ray player;
- Bedroom 1: Contains a double bed. There is an en-suite bathroom, containing a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Utility room: Contains a washing machine.
Stairs lead up from the living room to the first floor hallway, off which are the following lovely eaves rooms:
- Bedroom 2: Contains a double bed. Please note that guests in bedroom 2 only have access to a bathroom via the playroom/bedroom 3;
- Sitting room/bedroom 3: Contains a futon and a flatscreen TV, with a DVD player. The futon can be used as a bed and provides the +2 accommodation in the cottage;
- Family bathroom (accessed via the first floor sitting room/bedroom 3): Contains a bath, toilet and wash basin.
The large enclosed gardens surround the main house, with the front garden providing lovely views of the rolling Cotswold hills. There is an outdoor bench, table and outdoor seating for 16, as well as a charcoal barbecue. There are also various fruit trees, which guests are welcome to help themselves from.
The large driveway to the front of the house provides plenty of off-street parking.