Weir Cottage is a traditional Cotswold stone cottage, located in the heart of the famous market town of Bourton-on-the-Water, affectionately referred to as the "Venice of the Cotswolds", due to the beautiful river that meanders through the heart of the town. Bourton itself has plenty to appeal to visitors, including a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as being ideally located for exploring the other many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
The cottage has traditional character features, including wooden beams and doors, and a lovely real fire, which are complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a well presented kitchen and a beautiful family bathroom.
Weir Cottage sleeps a maximum of four people, in two bedrooms, with a family bathroom and a separate WC. There are lovely garden areas to the front and rear of the cottage and there is off-street parking for two/three cars, a major advantage in Bourton-on-the-Water. The property is ideal for couples or friends looking for a lovely cottage for a relaxing break, in one of the best loved market towns in the Cotswolds.
Weir Cottage has quite a low front door, therefore guests typically enter the property via the conservatory door at the rear of the property. The following rooms are on the ground floor:
- Living room: A lovely cosy room, with low beams and a real fire, which contains comfy seating for four and a flatscreen TV with a DVD player;
- Kitchen: Spacious and well presented, the kitchen contains an electric oven, four ring ceramic hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, wine fridge, washing machine and CD player;
- Conservatory/dining room: Bright and airy, with a door out to the garden and an open plan connection to the kitchen, the conservatory contains a wooden dining table, with seating for six;
- Reception hall: Currently empty, this low height room leads to the front door;
- Hallway: There is a tumble dryer under the stairs in the small hallway.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing. All the first floor rooms are lovely rooms in the eaves of the cottage:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a double bed, with a memory foam mattress;
- Bedroom 2: A flexible room, which can be set up as either two single beds, or a super king size bed;
- Family bathroom: A stylish feature bathroom, which contains a bath with an overhead shower, toilet, wash basin and electric heated towel rail;
- WC: Contains a toilet and a hand basin.
There are good sized, peaceful gardens to the front and back of the cottage, with outdoor tables and seating available in both gardens. At the end of the front garden is a gravelled parking area, with space for two/three cars, a major advantage in a town where parking can be difficult.