Widford Mill Cottage is a stunning Cotswold stone property, which forms part of a former fulling mill, and sits in beautiful countryside, next to the lovely River Windrush. The cottage is in the tiny hamlet of Widford, within two miles of the well known market town of Burford, “the gateway to the Cotswolds”, which is home to an excellent selection of pubs, restaurants and shops. There are many lovely walks accessible directly from the cottage, and the location is also ideal for exploring the wider region, including the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Blenheim Palace, Oxford, or even a day trip into London.
This lovely cottage has been fully refurbished and refurnished by its owners in a smart, contemporary style, whilst retaining historical character, including oak beams, oak floors and exposed Cotswold stone around the old mill windows. The character of the cottage is complemented by its modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV and a well presented kitchen.
Widford Mill Cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with a family bathroom and an ensuite bathroom. There is only a small area of grass outside the cottage, however the cottage is surrounded by beautiful countryside. Two off street parking spaces are available and quiet on street parking is available close to the cottage. Widford Mill Cottage is perfect for a family or group of friends seeking tranquillity in the heart of the glorious Cotswolds countryside.
Widford Mill Cottage sits on a peaceful road, surrounded by beautiful countryside. The front door is accessed directly from the road and it leads into the ground floor hallway, off which are the following rooms:
- Bedroom 2: At the front of the cottage, this room contains an antique iron framed double bed;
- Bedroom 3: At the rear of the cottage, this room contains two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Utility cupboard: Contains a freezer and a washing machine/tumble dryer.
A staircase leads up to the first floor landing, with the first floor containing the main open plan living space:
- Living room: With beautiful views over a meadow to the River Windrush, oak beams and exposed Cotswold stone, this lovely space contains comfy seating for six, a Freeview TV with DVD player, and a cosy flame effect gas fire;
- Dining area: Contains an oak dining table, with six oak chairs;
- Kitchen: A well laid out space, which includes an electric oven and separate grill, four ring gas hob, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster.
Further stairs lead up from the first floor landing to the second floor landing, off which is:
- Master bedroom: A lovely, spacious room, in the sloping eaves of the cottage, which contains a king size bed. There is also a comfy chair, which is a lovely place to sit and relax, as well as a large work desk, which doubles up as a dressing table with a mirror. The bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, with a freestanding bath with shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
At the front of the cottage is a small strip of lawn, with a bench. Off street parking for two cars is available in a shared car park across the road from the mill.