Winterberry Cottage is a traditional, semi-detached Cotswold stone property, with a peaceful garden, located in the small village of Barnsley. The village is fortunate to contain one of the best pubs in the Cotswolds, as well as the highly regarded Barnsley House hotel, with its excellent restaurant and spa facilities. Barnsley is in the heart of the Cotswolds, surrounded by lovely countryside and close to the beautiful Coln Valley, whilst also being only four miles from Cirencester, the largest market town in the region. Winterberry Cottage is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Bath, Oxford and Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon.
The cottage has a wealth of character features, including oak beams, floors and doors, and an inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove. This character is enhanced by the stylish decor and furnishings, and complemented by modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV with Blu-Ray player and a well presented kitchen.
The cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. There is an enclosed garden and two off-street parking spaces are available. Winterberry Cottage is ideal for groups of friends or a family, looking for a peaceful retreat in a beautiful area.
The front door of Winterberry Cottage opens into a good sized hallway, off which are the following rooms:
- Living room: A beautiful and cosy room, full of character, including oak beams and flooring, and an inglenook fireplace, with a wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for six and a flatscreen TV, with Blu-Ray player;
- Kitchen/dining room: A sociable room, looking out onto the garden and fields beyond. The well-presented kitchen area contains an Aga, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, kettle, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. The dining table comfortably seats six and the room has the added benefit of a traditional darts board (please bring your own darts)!
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing, from which the upstairs rooms are accessed:
- Master bedroom: Contains a king size bed and an en-suite bathroom, with walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 3: Contains two single beds;
- Family bathroom: Contains a roll top bath, walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
Patio doors from the kitchen/dining room lead out to the good sized, enclosed back garden, which looks out onto farm land. During the warmer months of the year, the garden contains a table and eight chairs, and a charcoal barbecue. To the side of the cottage is a gravel driveway, with off-street parking space for two cars.