Woodbine Cottage is a beautiful, grade II listed Cotswold stone property, laid out over three floors, with a lovely enclosed garden. The cottage is located in the peaceful village of Upper Oddington, close to the famous market town of Stow-on-the-Wold and with many beautiful walks straight from the front door. Upper Oddington and its neighbour, Lower Oddington, contain two highly regarded pubs, and the well known Daylesford Estate is close by. Woodbine Cottage is ideally located for exploring the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds, as well as further afield places, such as Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford and Bath.
This large, traditional cottage has many beautiful character features, including exposed Cotswold stone walls, oak beams, sash windows and wood burning stoves in both the living room and the dining room. Complementing the character of the cottage are modern facilities, including wireless internet access, a SMART TV and a well presented kitchen.
Woodbine Cottage sleeps a maximum of six people, in four bedrooms, with two bathrooms and a ground floor cloakroom. There is a lovely enclosed garden, with a small stream running through it, and there is off-street parking for two cars. The cottage is perfect for friends, families or couples seeking a peaceful break in stunning surroundings.
Woodbine Cottage sits on a quiet country lane, with the front door accessed through the gated front garden. The door opens into a hallway, off which are the following ground floor rooms:
- Living room: A beautiful, dual aspect room, with an exposed Cotswold stone wall, large sash window, oak beams and a lovely wood burning stove. There is comfy seating for six and a SMART TV, with Freesat and a DVD player;
- Kitchen: A large, well presented room, looking out over the back garden, which contains an electric cooker, four ring electric hob, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster and Nespresso machine (without capsules);
- Dining room: This lovely open plan room connects to the kitchen and has a cosy wood burning stove. There is a wooden dining table, with seating for six;
- Cloakroom: Contains a toilet and a wash basin;
- Utility room: A convenient room for storing outdoor clothes and equipment in, with a door out to the back garden.
Stairs lead up from the hallway to the first floor landing. The following rooms are on the first floor:
- Bedroom 1: Beautifully decorated and furnished, with a lovely sash window looking out over open countryside, this bedroom contains a king size bed;
- Bedroom 2: A mirror image of bedroom 1, this bedroom also looks out over open countryside and contains a double bed;
- Family bathroom 1: Contains a bath with overhead power shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Family bathroom 2: Contains a bath with handheld shower attachment, toilet and wash basin.
A further steep staircase leads up from the first floor landing to the second floor landing, with both bedrooms on the second floor being beautiful eaves rooms, with lovely oak beams:
- Bedroom 3: Contains a single bed and a comfy chair;
- Bedroom 4: A mirror image of bedroom 3, this room also contains a single bed and a comfy chair. Please note that the door of this bedroom opens straight out to the steep staircase down to the first floor.
A back door leads out from the utility room to the lovely, enclosed garden, through the bottom of which a small stream usually flows. The mature garden is mostly laid to lawn and there is also a patio area, with an outdoor table and chairs, a parasol, and a charcoal barbecue. There is an outbuilding in the garden, which contains a large freezer. At the front of the cottage is a driveway, with parking space for two average sized cars.