Wyck Beacon is a large country house, set in more than two acres of gardens, in the heart of the Cotswold’s rolling countryside. Despite the tranquil setting, the house is only 3 miles from the beautiful market towns of Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water, and is a short drive or cross-country walk from The Feathered Nest Country Inn, winner of the AA Pub of the Year (England) 2011.
The house dates back approximately 70 years and has been beautifully decorated and furnished, with many character features, including real fires in both the living and dining rooms, wood panelling and antique furniture. The grand dining room, with its chandeliers and beautiful period table and chairs, is a particular feature of the house, perfect for both formal and informal dining. There is a wide range of artwork in the house, which reflects the owner’s background in the music and entertainment industries. Complementing these character features, the house has modern facilities, including wireless internet access, satellite TV and a state of the art, integrated TV and music system.
The house sleeps a maximum of 14 people, in six bedrooms, one of which is on the ground floor. There are four bathrooms and a downstairs toilet. The flexible layout of the bedrooms makes Wyck Beacon an ideal retreat for large family gatherings or groups of friends seeking a perfect country retreat.
The private grounds of Wyck Beacon House are entered through manual gates, which lead to a large gravel area, with ample parking space for all guests. The front door opens into a large entrance hall, with ample storage space for coats, boots and other outdoor clothing.
All the main ground floor rooms are accessed directly from the entrance hall:
- Living room: A large, dual aspect room, with French doors leading directly out to a decked area of the garden. The room is beautifully furnished, with a number of deep, comfy sofas, a real fire and a flat-panel satellite TV.
- Dining room: The perfect room for entertaining family and friends in style, this spectacular room includes a real fire, wooden flooring, chandeliers and a large, period dining table and chairs, with seating for 14;
- Kitchen: A large room, with a table and chairs seating six or seven adults and a centre island. The well equipped kitchen has a range cooker, microwave, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine (capsules not provided) and dishwasher. Accessed from the kitchen is a large utility room, which includes an American style fridge-freezer and a washing machine/tumble dryer. The utility room has a door out to the garden;
- Study/playroom: Contains a desk, sofa and satellite TV;
- Bedroom 6: Contains one small double / large single bed, one single bed and a double sofa bed with foam mattress, which is ideally suited to children or one adult;
- Downstairs toilet: Contains a basin and a toilet.
Stairs lead up from the ground floor to the first floor landing, off which are five bedrooms and a family bathroom:
- Bedroom 1 (en-suite): Contains a king size bed. The bathroom contains a walk-in shower, double basin, toilet and bidet;
- Bedroom 2 (en-suite, shared with bedroom 3): Contains a king sized bed. The Jack and Jill bathroom, shared with bedroom 3, contains a bath, separate shower, double basin and toilet;
- Bedroom 3 (en-suite, shared with bedroom 2): Contains two single beds, which can be joined together to form a super-king size bed;
- Bedroom 4 (en-suite): Contains a king size bed. The bathroom contains a walk-in shower, basin and toilet;
- Bedroom 5: Contains two single beds, which can be joined together to form a super-king size bed;
- Family bathroom: Directly opposite bedroom 5, contains a bath with shower attachment, basin and toilet.
Heading back downstairs and outside, the 2.2 acres of enclosed garden surround the house, with the large area to the rear of the house mostly laid to grass, with various shrubs and trees interspersed. A large wooden decking area, with table, chairs and barbecue, is immediately outside the living room. The garden also contains an impressive children's activity centre, as well as a full size, but poorly maintained, tennis court with a basketball hoop (see Key Features).