There are many excellent places to eat and drink in Shakespeare Country, with the major towns of Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick and Royal Leamington Spa containing a wide variety of tea shops, pubs and restaurants, catering for most tastes and budgets.
The list below focuses on some of the traditional pubs located in the lovely villages throughout the area:
- The Bell, Alderminster (www.thebellald.co.uk)
- The Bell Inn, Welford-on-Avon (www.thebellwelford.co.uk)
- The Bluebell, Henley-in-Arden (www.bluebellhenley.co.uk)
- The Boot Inn, Lapworth (www.lovelypubs.co.uk/venues/the-boot-in-lapworth)
- The Chequers Inn, Ettington (www.the-chequers-ettington.co.uk)
- The Crabmill Inn, Claverdon (www.lovelypubs.co.uk/venues/the-crabmill)
- The Fuzzy Duck, Armscote (www.foxandgoosearmscote.co.uk)
- The Halford Bridge, Halford (www.thehalford.co.uk)
- The Howard Arms, Ilmington (www.howardarms.com)
- King's Head, Aston Cantlow (www.thekingsheadatastoncantlow.co.uk)
We recommend phoning in advance, to check opening times and availability of food, especially during the quieter months of the year. Many pubs accept children and dogs, but you should always check this in advance.