Why Choose Us As Your Holiday Lettings Agency?
We are a specialist, luxury holiday lettings agent
Character Cottages was founded by two holiday home owners who wanted more from their holiday lettings agent. We have created a fresh alternative to the established holiday let agents, with a business developed specifically to provide a better service to guests and property owners alike.
We provide a unique offering to holiday cottage owners:
- We treat your property as an individual business, rather than a commodity, and our specific objective is to maximise your profits;
- We are able to advise owners on all aspects of holiday letting, from property acquisition advice, through to establishing your holiday let and onto all aspects of managing your property;
- We avoid imposing onerous terms and conditions on property owners, such as limits on owner booking weeks, preferring instead to "go with the grain" and ensure that our objectives are aligned with yours.
For guests, our mission is to enhance the traditional holiday let process, by wrapping a broad range of guest services around our portfolio of exceptional country homes. Combined with unparalleled standards of personal customer service, we aim to create a complete and distinguished holiday home experience.
How will you maximise my profits?
By allowing Character Cottages to act as your holiday cottage agency, we aim to maximise your profits and provide an unrivalled return on your investment by:
- Constantly updating prices to reflect demand; identifying and charging appropriately for special local events; and creating special offers to sell late breaks or "stub" slots (eg. mid-week periods between weekend bookings);
- Providing flexible arrival and departure dates to guests, who do not always want to be locked into a standard Saturday to Saturday break;
- Targeting the luxury end of the holiday market, attracting the more discerning holiday maker who is prepared to pay a bit more for a higher quality experience;
- Using innovative internet marketing techniques (see below) to drive high enquiry volumes.
Generating an extra 10%-20% of revenue from late bookings and selling awkward slots can increase your profits by up to 50%. Most letting agents do not focus on this extra revenue, as their systems are not set up to make constant changes to holiday prices, start dates and durations. Our focus is on your profit and we therefore put in the extra effort required to ensure that we maximise the revenue available for your property.
How will you market my holiday cottage and generate bookings?
Character Cottages' business processes have all been designed to work with innovative new internet marketing channels, in order to generate a strong volume of high quality guest enquiries. These inter-related methods include:
- Automatic integration with the leading internet holiday let portals, including:
- Tripadvisor Global Account: today's de-facto site for travel and holiday verification;
- Holiday Rentals: the largest UK holiday let site, including 10 additional European sites;
- Home Away: the largest USA based holiday rental site;
- Holiday Lettings: the second largest UK based holiday let portal;
- Owners Direct: a specialist UK based site.
- Character Cottages own website, including extensive Search Engine Optimisation methods and Google pay-per-click campaigns;
- Our database of customer enquiries and bookings;
- Focussed e-mail campaigns, to tap into specific groups of potential customers, such as walking groups, local history clubs, wine clubs, etc.
We maximise the conversion of enquiries to bookings by:
- Providing a professional and rapid response to customers' questions;
- Extensive use of feedback and testimonials to establish buying confidence;
- Dynamically changing property prices throughout the year, to reflect demand and minimise vacant holiday slots;
- Being flexible with start dates and the duration of stays;
- Utilising discounts, special break and voucher codes, to sell late and awkward slots.
Once a booking has been made, we manage it through to completion:
- Taking payments from guests;
- Notifying the housekeeper of new bookings and changes to existing bookings;
- Gathering testimonials and feedback to drive future repeat bookings and improve conversion rates
What do you charge for your services?
We strongly believe that you should only pay for success and that our rewards should be linked to your financial objectives.
We charge a percentage of any letting revenue that we generate for you, however, unlike some holiday letting agents, we do not charge booking fees, fixed annual fees or fees for services linked to letting your property, such as taking photographs.
How do I find out more about Character Cottages?
We look forward to your contact and the start of a new and rewarding partnership together.